Esales Property ID: es5553798
14 rue Principale
Montigny les Jongleurs
21.8.23 The price has been reduced to €200 for a quick sale and to reflect that some money needs to be spent on the window and barn roofs.
The two houses are being sold together and fully furnished.
With its glorious natural scenery, excellent climate, welcoming culture and excellent standards of living, France is quickly gaining a reputation as one of the most desirable places across the world to live or visit. On offer here is a chance to make a smart financial investment in this magnificent part of the world.
Live the French dream and buy this ideal configuration of 2 houses & 2 barns + several outhouses on over half an acre (2,135m sq) of land in The Somme! Just an hour and a half’s drive from Calais this is the ideal location.
This lovely family home is made up from “une maison de maître” (master’s house) which adjoins the original “longère” (long house aka a large traditional bungalow). The 2 houses can be configured as one large house or separated into 2 houses. You can then live in one house and let the other out as a gite or let them both individually to provide 2 rental incomes.
La longère is essentially a large traditional bungalow comprising of (on the ground floor only):
• Kitchen – 2.8m x 5.2m and cellar entrance – fully equipped kitchen
• Lounge / diner – 4.4m x 5.2m – very large with log-burner, 2 x settees, large dining table & chairs & patio doors onto the large rear garden
• Bedroom 1 – 4.2m x 5.2m (double bedroom with a kingsize bed, wardrobe and drawers)
• Shower room & Wc leading off bedroom 1
• Bedroom 2 – 3m x 2.5m (bedroom with 1 single bed, wardrobe and drawers)
• Bedroom 3 – 3m x 2.5m (bedroom with 1 single bed, wardrobe and drawers)
• Stairs (leading from Bedroom 1) with access to a large loft that is ready for conversion
La maison de maître is a large family house over 2 stories as follows:
• Lounge – 3.7m x 5.2m – with log-burner, 1 x settee, 2 armchairs, dining table & chairs, tv and doors onto the rear garden
• Kitchen – 3.5m x 3.2m – fully equipped kitchen
• Bedroom 1 – 3.8m x 3.2m (double bedroom with a kingsize bed, dressing table, wardrobe, tv and drawers)
• Bedroom 2 – 3.5m x 3.2m (double bedroom with a double bed, dressing table, wardrobe, tv and drawers)
• Bathroom – 3.1m x 1.8m (with built-in shower, ornate sink unit & matching bidet)
• Landing with access to a very large loft that is ready for conversion
• There is a large garden and gated driveway to the front of the houses and, to the rear, there is a very large enclosed and secluded garden.
• The large, flat and tranquil garden is the ideal location for a swimming pool which would be the icing on the cake and something that we have started looking into
• One of the neighbour’s sons cuts the lawn for something ridiculously low like €12p/h
The two houses can be used together or separated to provide for either a gîte (self-contained holiday home) or chambres d’hôtes (B&B) business to provide an income. The outbuildings/barns offer huge potential for further development and further income, either as gîtes (subject to planning of course) or storage for the local farmers. There is also plenty of room to store a caravan or campervan if you would like to use this location as a base to go exploring the rest of France and Europe. ?
There are 2 barns including stables, cattle sheds and an old bakery. The property has a large fosse à toutes eaux.
The properties and the whole of the Somme area are steeped in history relating to the 1st and 2nd World Wars. There are many war cemeteries in the area if you are interested in those types of things.
The properties are located in the tranquil and sleepy village of Montigny-les-Jongleurs in the Somme, an easy 1.5 hour drive from Calais.
Although remote, this village is only a 10 mins drive to the nearest market tohttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9qq0GHJeUcwn of Auxi-le-chateau, 25 mins drive to Abbeville, 40 mins drive to Amiens and less than 2.5 hours drive to the centre of Paris. Beaches such as Favières & Le Crotoy are a short 40 mins drive away and Le Touquet is an hour’s drive.
This charming village has a population of under 100 people. All French and very friendly, helpful and welcoming too.
Viewing is by appointment only.
ABOUT THE AREA
Montigny-les-Jongleurs is a commune in the Somme department in Hauts-de-France in northern France. Somme is a department of France, located in the north of the country and named after the Somme river. It is part of the Hauts-de-France region.
The Bay of Somme
A spectacular and quite wild area of open water, dunes, marshes and saltwater meadows sprinkled with charming villages and small-scale coastal resorts, the estuary of the Somme River is a prime spot for a weekend in Northern France, within just a 90-minute drive of Calais.
It’s also a foodie paradise, especially for lovers of seafood. For those looking for a relaxing weekend in France and a change of scenery, the Somme Bay with its powerful tides offers amazing ever-changing vistas, fantastic light that has influenced painters including Delacroix, Degas and Corot, and a landscape where sea, sky and land often seem to merge. Renowned for its ecological diversity, it is part nature reserve (the Parc du Marquenterre) and one of the best birdwatching sites in all France.
The area’s most well-known village is delightful Saint-Valery-sur-Somme, where along with cobbled lanes, medieval ramparts, a Gothic church and a riverside boardwalk you’ll find the starting point for the Chemin de Fer de la Baie de Somme, a Belle Epoque narrow-gauge railway that takes in the length of the bay.
• 200m2 of living space
• 2000m2 plot room to develop further.
• 5 Bedrooms
• 3 Bathrooms
• Private Parking
• Private Garden
• Stunning Views
• Close to essential amenities like such as supermarkets and pharmacies
• Close to many excellent bars and restaurants
• Great base from which to discover other fantastic areas of France
• Many excellent sports facilities, walking and cycling areas nearby
• Rental Potential through Airbnb and Booking.com
• 10 parking spaces
• Facing South
• 10 rooms
• wood heating
• 4 parking spaces (in garage)
• Equipped kitchen
• structure/exterior for part renovation
• No overlooking neighbours
Contact us today to buy or sell property in France fast online