Esales Property ID: es5553821
Monte da Vila
Santiago de Compostela
With its glorious natural scenery, excellent climate, welcoming culture and excellent standards of living, Spain is quickly gaining a reputation as one of the most desirable places across the world to live or visit. On offer here is a chance to make a smart financial investment in this magnificent part of the world.
Exceptional property located in Santiago de Compostela. This exclusive house of classic and well-tended architecture its less than 10 minutes by car from downtown. It was built in the 90’s with excellent qualities and noble materials. The perfect home to relax, practice sports and be in contact with nature.
– 9 rooms (5 bedrooms) + 7 baths distributed over four floors, has spacious and sunny rooms with huge windows.
– 3669 sqm area, 2 automatic gates, covered outdoor pool (6 x12 m), tennis court, big vegetable garden and fruit trees, barbecue
– Basement floor: garage with capacity for 5 cars, storage, wine cellar, pantry, gym and laundry room.
– Ground floor: Large living room with fireplace, Large dining room with fireplace, Hall, Bedroom with its own bathroom, Bathroom and fully equipped kitchen.
– First floor: 5 bedrooms (2 of them suites with their own full bathroom) and another full bathroom. All of them with wooden floors.
– Upper floor: Large undivided attic, with fireplace and full bathroom and wooden floor.
– 12 min from the airport
– 25 min from A Coruña
– 35 min from Sanxenxo (Pontevedra)
Price: 1.350.000 € . option to build another villa on the property
ABOUT THE AREA
Santiago de Compostela is the capital of northwest Spain’s Galicia region. It’s known as the culmination of the Camino de Santiago pilgrimage route, and the alleged burial site of the Biblical apostle St. James. His remains reputedly lie within the Catedral de Santiago de Compostela, consecrated in 1211, whose elaborately carved stone facades open onto grand plazas within the medieval walls of the old town.
For centuries, thousands of pilgrims have travelled on Saint James’ Way every year, finally reaching the capital of Galicia and entering the iconic Cathedral. According to tradition, this is the burial place of the relics of James the Apostle, discovered in the 9th century.
But Santiago de Compostela is very much a living city, with other attractions for travellers, pilgrim or not: countless restaurants and bars where you can enjoy the delicious seafood of Galicia, a UNESCO World Heritage old town centre, daring contemporary art… There’s plenty to do in this city which combines history with a younger modern side.
To be tempted by delicious smells and tastes, and see why Galicia’s food is so famous, there’s nothing like a visit to the Mercado de Abastos food market, the second most visited place in the city. Here you can buy and taste seafood fresh from the rías, cheeses and Padrón peppers, or try the famous tapas. You can also feel the real atmosphere of Santiago on Calle Franco and Calle Raiña, in the heart of the old town, where locals and visitors have been enjoying tapas “since forever” and where you will find plenty of restaurants for trying octopus “a feira”, scallops, Santiago cake or wines like Albariño, considered one of the world’s best white wines.
Beyond the winding streets and the stone mansions, the modern side of Santiago can be seen around the university area, in its art galleries, and above all in two places: the Galician Contemporary Art Centre and Cidade da Cultura by the New York architect Peter Eisenman, one of the most surprising examples of Galicia’s contemporary architecture. Many people say that taking the Way and arriving in Santiago is an adventure that can change your life. This city certainly seems capable of keeping you here.
• 1394m2 of living space
• 3669m2 plot
• 5 Bedrooms
• 7 Bathrooms
• Private Parking
• Private Garden & Private Pool
• Stunning Views
• Close to essential amenities like such as supermarkets and pharmacies
• Close to many excellent bars and restaurants
• Great base from which to discover other fantastic areas of Spain
• Many excellent sports facilities, walking and cycling areas nearby
• Rental Potential through Airbnb and Booking.com
Contact us today to buy or sell property in Spain fast online