Superb 4 Bedroom Bungalow and Gite for sale in Charante France
The property is a 4 bedroomed bungalow with a gite it stands on half an acre of garden. The house has a bathroom/shower room fitted with2 basins and a shower with a separate toilet. A large kitchen is newly fitted and has an eye-level fan oven, gas hob, large American fridge freezer, an eye-level dishwasher. fully fitted with cupboards and oak work surfaces and a ceramic tiled floor.
There are 4 bedrooms 5X4m, 6x4m, 4x4m, and 4x4m approximately. The dining room is next to the kitchen and has a double glazed 4metre window onto the garden and a door into the garden. another door leads to a utility room 4x4m and a walk-in larder, further there is the entrance to a wine cave and the garage.
The lounge is 9×5 metres and has a wood burner set in the stonework. it has french windows onto the garden access to the bedrooms via a door and access to the kitchen via another door. The central eating is powered by oil and there are radiators in each room.
The gite is self-contained and consists of a kitchen, a shower and basin and a separate toilet. The property is completely double glazed mainly in wood.
The garden has a large gazebo and a well-stocked fishpond there are some trees, walnut silver birch and oak and is mostly laid to lawn. The property is completely surrounded by hedges ensuring complete privacy. There are also two outbuildings for storage or conversion into gites.
Besides the garage, there is a workshop. the front of the property has a raised garden with small trees and plants and a driveway. There is room for several cars. An arch straddles the entrance gates and is lit at night. The garden has plenty of room for a pool.
* 5 Bedroom
* 2 Reception Rooms
* Gite for rental income
* 2 outbuildings
* 99.9 m’
* 1.5 hours from nearest Sea Port
* 1.5 hours from nearest Airport
* Off street Parking
* Private Garden
About the Area
Charente is one of the original 83 departments created during the French Revolution on 4 March 1790. it was created from the former province of Angoumois, west and south of Saintonge.
Prior to the creation of the department, the area was not a natural unit, but much of it was commercially prosperous thanks to traditional industries such as salt and cognac production. Although the river Charente became silted up and was unnavigable for much of the twentieth century, in the eighteenth century it provided important links with coastal shipping routes both for traditional businesses and for newly evolving ones such as paper goods and iron smelting.
The accelerating pace of industrial and commercial development during the first half of the nineteenth century led to a period of prosperity, and the department’s population peaked in 1851. During the second half of the nineteenth century Charente, like many of France’s rural departments, experienced a declining population as the economic prospects available in the cities and in France’s overseas empire attracted the working age generations away. Economic ruin came to many in the Charentais wine industry with the arrival in 1872 of phylloxera.
During the twentieth century, the department with its traditional industries was adversely impacted by two major world wars and even in the second half of the century experienced relatively low growth, the overall population remaining remarkably stable at around 340,000 through the second half of the twentieth century, although industrial and commercial developments in the conurbation surrounding Angouleme have added some 10,000 to the overall population during the first decade of the twenty-first century.
The relatively relaxed pace of economic development in the twentieth century encouraged the immigration of retirees from overseas. Census data in 2006 revealed that the number of British citizens residing in the department had risen to 5,083, placing the department fourth in this respect behind Paris, Dordogne and Alpes-Maritimes.